It seems that if you’re together with someone for more then two seconds then particular people start asking about when to expect wedding bells and / or the sound of tiny feet? Then you have a kid…. and they then ask when you’re having another one.
Its almost as if people are telling you to hurry up and populate the earth*.
If you’re being asked when you are having another kid, please feel free to use one of the following reasons why you dont want another kid (or at least not yet).
- If we have another… That means more child care is needed when we’re at work. Are YOU offering???
- My house insurance won’t cover the increased chance of possible damage.
- My counsellor suggests I should keep the baby making thing as slow as possible.
- I’ve not yet learnt how to entertain the kid / kids I have in Church.
- I can’t run the risk of having more children then I do hands.
- I’ll need to find more time to spend with them!
- I struggle to avoid being out-smarted by one of them. Any more I worry they may gang together and rule the world.
- I might have TWINS!!
- My peace keeper negotiation skills are not yet at a place to deal with my current child allowance. I’m sure I’ll need to be ok negotiating with terrorists / organ players / Torys, before I’m comfortable negotiating with my current kids, AND future ones!
Any other things to say that you can think of?
*There were less polite ways of writing that sentence