I try not to simply share just loads and loads of video clips… but Bon Jovi. I never realised that the Bon Jovi song “I Got the Girl” is about his daughter.
According to The Huffington Post:
The rock star, who is currently on his band’s This House Is Not For Sale tour, performed in Las Vegas on Feb. 25. His setlist for the tour includes “I Got the Girl,” a song he wrote years ago for his daughter Stephanie Bongiovi, who is now 23. Bon Jovi sings about his “5-year-old princess” during one of the verses, which made the performance the perfect occasion for Stephanie to join her dad on stage to dance.
The performance was captured on youtube here.
Looking for last minute World Book Day costume ideas?
Have you just realised that World Book Day has arrived? Well if you’re stressed and need actual last minute ideas for costumes, then you may want to try somewhere else. Well if you’ve given up caring about World Book Day, and just want to make a token effort, this is the list of World Book Day Costume Ideas for you:
A Last Minute R2D2 Costume?
AKA, a really big box that covers the whole child. Bonus points if the box is blue.
(Pro tip, cut some eye holes in it. Obviously….without said child in the box…)
Take some paper.
Cut it up
Stick it your child.
Low and behold, you have a paper dolls outfit. AND you are REALLY artistic!
Have the worlds WORST Frozen costume.
Take some ice cubes.
Cover your child in them.
(Please dont really do this)
Wear Sausages For World Book Day!
Peppa Pig costume any one?
Have you got any ideas you would add?
I say “We love Topsy and Tim”, I mean, our little one loves Topsy and Tim. If we ever have left CBeebies on in the background at home, the opening moments of the Topsy and Tim theme tune is enough to get her running to the TV.
Have I ever mentioned her “friends”, Topsy and Tim?
During a recent Topsy and Tim marathon on BBC iPlayer, it occurred to me that there seemed to be a number of…. improbabilities in the world of Topsy and Tim that just wouldn’t happen in this world.
Here are a number of examples I found.
- Kids can break Mummy’s vase.. and she’s THAT OK WITH IT!!
- Somehow, when you have 4 preschoolers kicking off, Mummy has found the time to put a well timed pizza in.
- Selling / moving house is JUST THAT EASY – AND QUICK!
- Having nursery school at home is a GREAT IDEA!! (Seriously, they have room for that? Mummy had time for that?)
- That a Mummy and Daddy can put up an outside playhouse the night before a twins 5th birthday, look fresh and awake the next morning, AND still smile at each other.
- Loads of cakes (which probably cost a fortune) get chucked on the floor… Mummy is NOT SCREAMING MAD!!!
- Christmas Eve evening is just that fun and relaxing! (No last minute wrapping from Mummy and Daddy?)
- You’ve moved house, you’re trying to unpack, you’re living out of boxes, a new friend is invited to play, and Mummy is smiling about all of this?
- When you’re building a new drive, you really want two 4 year olds around you.
- Its possible to build a marble run, so big, and amazing – THAT NO marbles will fly off – and break Mummys vase…
Are there any more that you would add?
*These might be invisible friends… and therefore probably dont count.
Congratulations! You’ve reached the end of 2016! Blogs all around the internet are looking at 2016, and summing up the highlights from what has been an interesting year. Well Dads Sofa is no stranger to jumping on bandwagons, and as such here is the Sofas attempt to look at highlighting the good news from 2016.
Here is The Dads Sofa list of top moments from 2016…
- 2016 could have been worse…
- Rogue One was released, and managed to sum up 2016 in the space of two hours?
- The Doctor Who Special was good..?
- Thats it?
Help me out here! Theres got to be some top moments right?
When all is said and done.
Is it all summed up by this?