That Star Wars / Bing Bunny from Cbeebies cross over you never knew you wanted…
This is not a drill. There is a new Bing App for your phone!
This isn’t a Bing app which you will not want to use for web searches, but may be useful to bargain with for another few minutes in Bed.
If your Little One is a fan of Bing Bunny on CBeebies, bare this in mind.
I’ve not had the chance to try the Little One out on this yet, but as she is a Dan of “Bing and Flop”, I’m expecting a positive welcome to less space being available on my phone for photos.
Are you? Is your little one a fan of Cbeebies? Is Cbeebies your favourite way of getting a little bit of peace during the day? Do you catch yourself enjoying Cbeebies a bit too much? Do you feel you know the Bing episodes a bit too much? Here are 10 Ways You Can Tell You’ve Watched Too Much Cbeebies!
- You were disappointed when you found out Topsy and Tim weren’t twins.
- Quoting kid shows to people who have no idea what you’re on about.
- You understand the links between Tree Fu Tom and Doctor Who.
- When loading up episodes on the DVR / iPlayer, you catch yourself knowing as much about the episodes as your kid does.
- Thinking someone you see in public looks like Mr Bloom.
- Multiple theme tunes stick in your head.
- You wonder if Captain Jacks Boat, is a unwritten episode of Doctor Who.
- Somehow, you caught yourself looking forward to that Mr Tumble Live they did…
- You cant help but wonder about the change in hair styles between Katie presenting “I Can Cook”, and the linking sections between shows.
- You take into account the names on Cbeebies when choosing future kids names. ( EG You avoid Tom, because of Tree Fu Tom – Topsy and Tim are taken – Bing is well out)
Are there any ways you can add?
It seems to be a universal truth about parenting. A truth that you don’t need to be a parent to know. Toddlers make you late to places. It almost doesn’t matter where you’re going, if you have a toddler… the chances are you will be late exiting that door.
After a particularly “interesting” attempt at leaving the house, I wondered exactly how toddlers make you late… to almost anywhere:
- “One more Topsy and Tim / Bing / Kate and Mim Mim”
- The ability to get really hungry when they didn’t want any food EVER, just five minutes ago.
- The cry of, “I need a WEEEE”, just as you’re leaving the front door.
- “Can you read me a story?” – Is it just me that struggles saying no to this? Isn’t reading to children one of those parenting things you’re meant to do?
- Having a last minute change of heart, and deciding instead of the red top, the Little One MUST have the blue top on.
- Deciding that, I don’t want that doggy toy, I want the other doggy toy.
- “One more Topsy and Tim / Bing / Kate and Mim Mim… Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee”
- Wanting to go in the driving seat of the car, and making that known by climbing past their car seat, and into the front.
- Wanting to bring about 20 to many toys, therefore its time to turn into a top negotiator, and agree on an amount of toys that are acceptable to all parties.
- Hearing a cry of “Oh No, POO!”
What other ways have you come across?
What if kids TV were horror stories?
The sight of the Teletubbies walking over Teletubby land in black and white, presents a former kids favourite as a sinister horror show, making us all question our memories of that brightly coloured TV show.
It also made me question, what do todays kids TV shows look like in black and white?
Below shows the slightly horrific answer…
Bing Bunny and his friends are coming for you…
Beware The Tombliboos
The Friendly Engine?
AHHHHHH!!!! The Butterfly has Tim, from Topsy and Tim
The Horror of “Sarah and Duck”
Dont worry kids… these things are only watching you…
Go To Sleep Kids… Or James McAvoy will ensure The Teddy doesn’t see the end of “BedTime Hour”
Any other Kids TV horrors out there?
We seem to be missing a Bing Bunny.
He was last seen on the CBeebies Playtime app, but seems to have been eaten by some dog thing.
Please return him to us, either where he was last seen, or in a whole new game / app.
Yes I would pay any ransom to get him back.
Parents of Bing Fans.
Our Little One is very very much into watching Bing on Cbeebies, and because of the series record feature on our YouView… she seems to have discovered the joys of binge watching Bing.
Obviously this means I have also discovered the joys of watching Bing (and learning how to make the most use of its 7 minute run time). While watching the same episode for what felt like the 20th time, my wife and I started to ask ourselves a few questions, and generally over think about Bing and some of his friends:
Whenever you see him in the TV show, the guy is running around in his underwear, except for one moment at the very start when he takes his trousers off. Why doesn’t his carer type character put his trousers back on?
I guess yellow doesn’t look great on him.
On the subject of the carer type characters…
What the actual heck is Flop?
The Cbeebies website describe Flop as Bings carer, but where is his parents?
Flop is there when Bing goes to bed, when he wakes up, Bing looks after Flop when he’s ill. If it was just Flop and Bing, I’d suggest that Bing actually had a heart breaking back story, but other characters seem to have similar carer figures. Maybe all the parents have disappeared? Maybe the carers are aliens?
Again, on the subject of the carers…
How do they get Charlie up these stairs?
They’re not the tallest of characters, do they have extra powers we’ve not seen?
My last question for now is…
Is Everything a “Bing Thing”?
There were my questions, I’m going to finish by quoting someone on the Mumsnet forum who has attempted to answer some of the oddities of Bing Bunny:
I think the adults are little squishy ants because the toddlers are the main characters and subjects of each others’ interest. Adults assist and facilitate. So it’s the world from the toddler’s emotional perspective. (Bit like those diagrams showing a person with body parts in proportion to nerve endings, so relative significance within our brains).
Is there anything about Bing that you cant get your head around?
Does anyone else reckon that Bing is actually about an alien invasion?
Have I over thought this, and should I just watch some Frozen?