The small one has found this little animation “Poppies” on iPlayer, and seems to love it watching it on repeat. Poppies looks at war as experienced by the animal inhabitants of a WW1 battlefield, and seems to speak a little to the small one about (some of) the horror of World War 1.
Maybe I should write a list of reasons why I love cBeebies?
If I did, this would be on the list.
Have you ever watched Bing on Cbeebies, and been amazed at how Flop hasn’t gone mad?
Do you ever need to stop, and think What Would Flop Do?
Perhaps this board will help you remember what saint Flop would do in any particular situation?
I was tempted to call this post “Ear Worm of The Week: Andy and the Odd Socks – ‘UNIQUE'”. But figured it would be a little long. (Yes – it is Andy from CBeebies)
Anyway… I didn’t want to like this as much as I did. Before the song ended I caught myself with a silly smile over my face.
Figured I would share it here, in case it gives you a similar smile.
Are you? Is your little one a fan of Cbeebies? Is Cbeebies your favourite way of getting a little bit of peace during the day? Do you catch yourself enjoying Cbeebies a bit too much? Not your little one, do you catch yourself enjoying Cbeebies a bit too much?
After realizing I enjoyed a Topsy and Tim marathon a bit too much, I wrote a list of ways that you can tell you’ve watched too much Cbeebies… turns out there are many many ways that show when you’ve watched many hours of the BBCs TV channel for little people.
So here are 10 more ways, you can tell you’ve watched too much Cbeebies.
- You catch yourself wondering what happened to Mike The Knight, and if he’ll come back.
- You follow CBeebies presenters on Twitter.
- You tweet Bing Bunny, and ask when you’ll see him again.
- For some bizarre reason you know a lot about how fast hamsters can run… how dishwashers work… and how zips – zip things up.
- You have a favourite CBeebies Panto.
- You’ve checked how to arrange a “Swashbuckle” party.
- The news of there being no plans for new Topsy and Tim, made you a little more sad then you want to admit.
- You can’t help but feel slightly inspired by “I Can Cook”.
- After being at work all day, you’re stressed, done free over time, and feel it’s been an age since your seen your little one. Yet you still catch yourself singing CBeebies theme tunes.
- Admit it. You have a favourite CBeebies presenter. Which is yours?
Are there ways that you would add to this list?
I say “We love Topsy and Tim”, I mean, our little one loves Topsy and Tim. If we ever have left CBeebies on in the background at home, the opening moments of the Topsy and Tim theme tune is enough to get her running to the TV.
Have I ever mentioned her “friends”, Topsy and Tim?
During a recent Topsy and Tim marathon on BBC iPlayer, it occurred to me that there seemed to be a number of…. improbabilities in the world of Topsy and Tim that just wouldn’t happen in this world.
Here are a number of examples I found.
- Kids can break Mummy’s vase.. and she’s THAT OK WITH IT!!
- Somehow, when you have 4 preschoolers kicking off, Mummy has found the time to put a well timed pizza in.
- Selling / moving house is JUST THAT EASY – AND QUICK!
- Having nursery school at home is a GREAT IDEA!! (Seriously, they have room for that? Mummy had time for that?)
- That a Mummy and Daddy can put up an outside playhouse the night before a twins 5th birthday, look fresh and awake the next morning, AND still smile at each other.
- Loads of cakes (which probably cost a fortune) get chucked on the floor… Mummy is NOT SCREAMING MAD!!!
- Christmas Eve evening is just that fun and relaxing! (No last minute wrapping from Mummy and Daddy?)
- You’ve moved house, you’re trying to unpack, you’re living out of boxes, a new friend is invited to play, and Mummy is smiling about all of this?
- When you’re building a new drive, you really want two 4 year olds around you.
- Its possible to build a marble run, so big, and amazing – THAT NO marbles will fly off – and break Mummys vase…
Are there any more that you would add?
*These might be invisible friends… and therefore probably dont count.
It all started with a random moment the other day when, Martin from Father Lee Moments wondered on The Dad Network Bloggers group, “I’ve often thought who from the world of cbeebies I would like on my team in the case of a zombie apocalypse!”
Now with the shops filled with Halloween monsters, and memories of 28 days later playing over (and over) in my mind, my imagination may have kicked in.
Therefore, here is my look at what CBeebies characters*, I would include in my team during a zombie apocalypse.
Duck. (From Sarah and Duck) Back when Sarah and Duck came to our screens, we joined them for a trip to the zoo, which ended with Sarah being surrounded by hungry penguins. Therefore, I would suggest Duck would be a handy companion for anyone surrounded by hungry zombies, he can swoop in, pick you up and fly you to safe ground.
Gem from Swashbuckle. She can apply the pirate dealing skills to the zombie apocalypse. I bet she’ll either be handy in a fight, or at least stealing jewels that can be used to bargain for food, weapons, or petrol at some point.
Tree Fu Tom, from the action packed CBeebies show. Tree Fu Tom. He is one who can channel Big World Magic to rescue his friends, and solve all sorts of issues. He just needs someone to send him the big world magic.
Maddie Moate from “Do You Know?” – Every team needs someone to be the “brains” of the outfit. Maddie Moate from the show “Did You Know?” would be the brains of the CBeebies zombie team. As long as she had the special cameras on hand to show us how it all works!
Peter Rabbit. Picture it. You are surrounded. Zombie hoards are closing in all around you. These aren’t slow slow zombies either, these are crap inducing, rage fuelled zombies that run faster then light. You don’t need to be fast, you need to be proper fast! You don’t just need to be Peter Rabbit fast, you need the updated cbeebies Peter Rabbit fast! Plus I imagine him being pretty handy in finding food.
Well that’s my team to get me through the zombie apocalypse. What do you reckon my chances are?
Check out Father Lee Moments for his take on what cbeebies characters would be in his team during the zombie apocalypse.
Who would you include?
*Obviously I may have played a little fast and loose with the term “character” at points.