Sometimes, well, alot of the time, the toddler doesn’t seem to like going to sleep. Now dont get me wrong, once she is asleep, the toddler seems to enjoy being asleep. Its the stages before bed that seem to be a struggle, she knows whats coming, and its like she has a mental list of things to try in order to avoid going to bed.
I wondered what would be on a list of ways for Toddlers to avoid sleep.
1. Ask for one more Bing.
2. If the answer is not a yes, ask the other parent after giving them a big hug.
3. Play some trains.
4. Ask to read a book. They’re meant to say yes to that.
5. Ask for more food. (Fear that you’ll wake up hungry will motivate them to say yes)
6. Play “hide”
7. Talk about poo.
8. Ask for some Sarah and Duck.
9. Say Please.
10. Give everyone a really big hug.
11. Play with cool batman toys.
12. Try out that new word you’ve been working on.
13. Ask for more Bing (say Please this time)
14. Demand to be the one that turns of the TV.
15. Offer to clean up your toys.
16. Try getting food from the kitchen.
17. Insist on counting all the step, loose count, return to the bottom, try again.
18. When your half way up the stairs, demand to be carried up the stairs… from the bottom.
19. Play hide and seek amongst the upstairs rooms.
20. Want two separate tooth brushes to clean your teeth with.
21. Play hide and seek with the other parent.
22. Encourage parents to play hide and seek with each other.
23. Suggest now may be a good time to start potty training.
24. Run and hide when parent figure recommends nappy is taken off.
25. Repeat the above two steps.
26. Play the crazy Octopus game when the parents make you get into pyjamas.
27. Shout at your parents for forcing you into pyjamas.
28. Take off your pyjamas.
29. Repeat steps 26 – 28 untill you get bored.
30. Want at least two stories.
31. Ensure you pick the longer stories.
32. Demand toys for your bed, that “just happen to be down stairs”.
33. Change ends of the bed that you sleep on.
34. Want to hug each parent good night. Twice.
Is there any you could add?