All parents have some parenting problems of some shape or form. For most it’s a case of NEVER SLEEPING, but for others it could be something like the kids NEVER EATING (when they are meant to), or never ever having two tidy rooms in the house.
For Mary, as in Jesus’ mum, I guess it was a slightly different set of problems she had when Jesus was born.
The problems we could come up with so far are…
- Many, many, unexpected guests.
- Joseph nipping out with the shepherds to wet the baby’s head.
- The place (presumingly) looking like a barn.
- Dealing with a Talking Donkey. (According to a Nativity I’ve seen)
- Possibly still fielding questions about the timing of the birth / marriage.
- Just as she’s just getting used to parenting, a bunch of “wise men” appear. “Wise Men” who give some fairly questionable gifts for a small child.
- That kid still flipping drumming.
- Wanting nappies as a gift… and getting myrrh.
- Wondering if the smell was baby or animal.
I guess I’m thankful we didn’t have to put up with a little drummer boy when the small one was born.
Anything you would add to the above?