Well done! You’ve made it through the holidays! It’s time to send the kids back to school! Obviously it’s easy to say that the kids are “going back to school”, but actually the whole back to school thing is a mission in on itself.
To help you survive this mission with your sanity, here is the Dads Sofa Back to School Checklist: (Warning. May not be the most sensible help ever)
Don’t forget the following…
- Alarm Clock! Use it!
- Book bag! Because you probably forget it enough anyway.
- Smart phone. To take Facebook ready photos of the first day of term.
- School uniform! If it’s too big during the first week it doesn’t matter. They’ll grow into their uniform at some point during the year.
- Snacks! Don’t be a fool. If you pick up a small child, bring snacks!
- Nice snacks. For when said child has eaten the sensible more filling snack.
- Notes. To help you remember the nice bits of the holiday… not just the moments when you were screaming at each other…
- Wine. Helps with bedtime.
Any I’ve missed?